Neonatology & Paediatrics
The birth of the baby is a wonderful yet very complex process. Newborn babies who are born prematurely, having a complicated delivery, or birth defects have more difficulties making transition to the world. They need intensive medical attention and are often admitted into a special area of the hospital called the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit ( NICU). TIMeS Hospital offers level II NICU with two cubicles and total capacity of 11 bed which caters the need of both out born and inborn babies. It is located in the vicinity of labour room and OT to facilitate the quick transfer of sick newborns to NICU.
Each cubicle has natural light and is equipped with central oxygen and air-conditioning facility. We also provide separate breastfeeding area and highly trained staffs to help the new mothers. Our units are by manned by experienced team of nurses and medical professionals who take care of your tiny ones round the clock. The facilities we offer at NICU are
– Servo controlled proportionate warmer
– Closed incubator for weak and premature baby.
– Phototherapy units – single surface, double surface to treat pathological jaundice
– Multi-model monitor for intensive surveillance
– Pulse oximetry
– CPAP and ventilator support for babies in respiratory distress.
– Portable x-ray and portable USG machines for bed side imaging and screenings
– Infant holding bag to provide perfect kangaroo care
– Hearing screening of newborn babies.
The Department of paediatrics at TIMeS hospital is committed to provide superior, compassionate, and individualised care to the paediatric population including infants, children and adolescents. We offer services in following areas
– Paediatric OPD ( including well baby clinics and high risk baby clinic).
– Immunisation clinic.
– Paediatric indoor services and emergency services.
– Paediatric nutritional and developmental assessment.